I just don't have time. There are not enough hours in the day. You're just not as busy as I am (oh, I love that one!). I need a clone. These are comments I hear all the time. Most of them are in regards to having time to workout. The main reason people don't have time to workout is because it's not important to them so they make excuses, not time. Not to toot my own horn, but I am a wife, a mother, owner of two businesses, a group fitness instructor, a basketball coach, and a host of other things. I get 24 hours a day, just like everyone else. What it boils down to is how you use those 24 hours.
Let me ask you this - Are you productive or are you just busy? BIG difference! If you are running around like a chicken with your head cut off, you are busy busy. If you are checking things off your to do list in an orderly fashion, you are productive. So...which one are you?
Here are some of my tips for being more productive, more fit and less frantic. Keep in mind I'm not an expert or a professional, just a real gal making it through life by getting things done.
PLAN! PLAN! PLAN!
1. Plan your day - hour by hour if you have to. Write down everything you need to do - even your workouts! I get up early to get my workout in and a few business items taken care of before the kids even wake up. See? Not taking anytime away from my kids. They don't even know what I'm doing. This is also my time to write out my to do list and mentally prepare for the day.
2. Plan your meals. Sit down and plan out your meals for 7 days, 14 days, whatever works around your shopping schedule. This will not only save you time, but money. Hitting the grocery store each day causes you to spend more money by buying unnecessary things just because they look tempting at the time. You should be eating 5-6 small meals per day. Plan these. Set an alarm on your phone to remind you to eat, if you have to.
3. Plan your finances. Time needs to be budgeted as well as money. If you plan your finances you won't be spending extra time trying to figure out (and stress over!) how to pay bills...or even forgetting to pay a bill.
It truly is all about planning. As I heard Dave Ramsey say, "IF YOU FAIL TO PLAN, YOU PLAN TO FAIL". Kind of hits home, doesn't it?
Wishing you a fantastic and FIT week!
Your Fit and Frantic Mom,
Ann
No comments:
Post a Comment