Thursday, May 10, 2012
Heartbreak
I created this blog to be able to be open and honest about my life, my feelings, anything and everything. Little did I know that one day after creating it, my heart would break when we had to put my dog to sleep. Harley was almost 11 and was definitely my baby. Got her when she was 8 weeks old. At that time, Jarrod was 2 and Hailey was almost 3 months old. I was NOT going to potty train a 2 year old, have a baby in diapers and house train a puppy. I was wrong. That's exactly what I did. While Harley was supposed to be Scott's dog, she quickly turned into mine since I was home all day. Best dog EVER! Talk about unconditional love - even when Hailey would grab her, climb on top of her and jump up and down. I think both of them loved every minute of it. Harley loved to go for walks and ride in the pickup. She got along with everyone. She even tolerated Chloe who about killed her 4 times. Patience of a saint for sure. Tonight (27 hours after saying goodbye) Hailey brought out a photo album of pics of Harley. While she was trying to bring me joy with the memories, it broke my heart to see her again. It's definitely going to take some time to ease the pain. I doubt I'll ever "get over it". She was too precious and the memories I have of her are priceless. I miss you so much Chubbles. Love, Mom
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment